This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Where will you spend eternity?

Re: Where will you spend eternity?

Postby Bluegoat » June 17th, 2009, 10:47 pm

Bluegoat

Postby historyb » June 18th, 2009, 5:13 am

I may not be understanding you, but James doesn't make the two things one. What he does is say that because of one thing the second thing naturally follows so that it can be said that we are not just justified by our faith but by what we do. I don't thinks works and bribes are the same thing though
historyb
Wardrobian

Postby Bluegoat » June 18th, 2009, 10:45 am

Bluegoat

Postby Kolbitar » June 18th, 2009, 3:27 pm

The man who lives in contact with what he believes to be a living Church is a man always expecting to meet Plato and Shakespeare tomorrow at breakfast. He is always expecting to see some truth that he has never seen before. --Chesterton

Sober Inebriation: http://soberinebriationblog.blogspot.com/
Kolbitar
Wardrobian

Postby Bulgakov » June 18th, 2009, 5:22 pm

Jacob
"Your revolver in your hand, a prayer on your lips, your mind fixed on Maleldil. Then, if he stands, conjure him.” “What shall I say in the Great Tongue?” “Say that you come in the name of God and all angels and in the power of the planets...." (That Hideous Strength)
Bulgakov

Postby Tuke » June 18th, 2009, 8:04 pm

"The 'great golden chain of Concord' has united the whole of Edmund Spenser's world.... Nothing is repressed; nothing is insubordinate. To read him is to grow in mental health." The Allegory Of Love (Faerie Queene)

2 Corinthians IV.17 The Weight of Glory
Tuke
Wardrobian

Postby Tuke » June 18th, 2009, 8:06 pm

"The 'great golden chain of Concord' has united the whole of Edmund Spenser's world.... Nothing is repressed; nothing is insubordinate. To read him is to grow in mental health." The Allegory Of Love (Faerie Queene)

Tuke
Wardrobian

Postby JRosemary » June 18th, 2009, 9:23 pm

JRosemary
Wardrobian

Postby Bulgakov » June 18th, 2009, 11:23 pm

Jacob
"Your revolver in your hand, a prayer on your lips, your mind fixed on Maleldil. Then, if he stands, conjure him.” “What shall I say in the Great Tongue?” “Say that you come in the name of God and all angels and in the power of the planets...." (That Hideous Strength)
Bulgakov

Postby JRosemary » June 19th, 2009, 1:10 am

JRosemary
Wardrobian

Postby wondawomen » June 22nd, 2009, 1:31 pm

I'm back from a trip to Texas. While in the airport, I found a quote for this discussion." I envy my dad his faith. I envy all people who have someone to beseech, who know where they're going, who sleep under the fluffy white comforter of belief."
This is from"The Middle Place" by Kelly Corrigan. She does not profess to be a Christian but her father is her mentor and is a devout catholic. I am so fortunate to have that fluffy white comforter of belief. Now I have to put this on facebook. Love Ya :toothy-grin:
We love, because He first loved us.1John4:19 NASB
wondawomen
Wardrobian

Postby timoconnor » June 28th, 2009, 6:40 pm

I believe the bible teaches (in orginal greek) that the stubborn to God eventually pay for all their sins 'to the last penny' in hell and then are saved along with all the creation - So we all eventually spend the endless future of eternity together with God - in full happiness and God shares the full riches of His grace with us all...
timoconnor

Postby Tuke » June 28th, 2009, 9:38 pm

Tuke
Wardrobian

Postby deadwhitemale » June 29th, 2009, 5:35 am

"It is when we try to grapple with another man's intimate need that we perceive how incomprehensible, wavering, and misty are the beings that share with us the sight of the stars and the warmth of the sun." -- Joseph Conrad, Lord Jim(1899?)
deadwhitemale
Wardrobian

Postby Amanda » July 3rd, 2009, 3:03 am

Amanda

PreviousNext

Return to Religion, Science, and Philosophy