This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Mere Christianity

Mere Christianity

Postby Desperate_Student » March 15th, 2006, 7:45 pm

Greetings!
I am writing a book review on "Mere Christianity" for a New Testament class, (by special request, I had to convince the prof that it went with the topic, but he highly approves of Lewis, so it didn't take very much), and need to interact with two published reviews of the same book. I ventured into the depths of online journal search databases my college has, but all to no avail. (Not even with the help of a librarian.) I found only 2, both of which are not at my present location (they are on their way, but so is the paper deadline). Would anyone happen to know of a published, scholarly review that can be found online? Or have any leads as to a journal that might have one? Even a hint would be a tremendous help! It just doesn't seem possible that there are only 2 out there.
Thank you ever so much!
-Breka
Desperate_Student

re: Mere Christianity

Postby Carrie » March 15th, 2006, 8:45 pm

Check the "Papers" section of this website. There is a great wealth of information there, as well as at least one review of Mere Christianity. There is much more to this website than just the forums!
"I can do everything through Him who gives me strength." Phil 4:13

Member of The 2456317 Club
Carrie
Wardrobian

Postby Guest » March 15th, 2006, 8:58 pm

Hm, yes, thought to check that section...directly after posting. I the review there and sent the link to my prof to see if it would work. Thanks! Still in search of elusive reviews...
-Breka

Postby A#minor » March 15th, 2006, 9:31 pm

And

And

And

Hope these help. I just found them by Googling.
"My brain and this world don't fit each other, and there's an end of it!" - G.K. Chesterton
A#minor
Wardrobian

Postby Sven » March 15th, 2006, 9:52 pm

Welcome, Breka!

If I understand your original post correctly, you need reviews from journals. If your instructor is like most, they'll probably prefer refereed journals, at that. You said you had checked with a librarian, so I'm assuming you've exhausted whatever assets your own school library has in the way of databases and online resources. Here's three other possiblities, though you'll have to do lots of hunting to get use of any of them.

1. Check your local public library's online site. It's a little known fact, but many public libraries have subscribed to online services like OCLC and such. You'll probably need to input your library card number to gain access.

Options 2 and 3 may lead to what you're looking for, though if you can find it, there may be a charge to get full text. But, both have a lot of free articles on them, too, so they're worth a try.

Hope this helps.

Selah,
Sven
Rat! he found breath to whisper, shaking. Are you afraid?
Afraid? murmured the Rat, his eyes shining with unutterable love.
Afraid! Of Him? O, never, never! And yet -- and yet -- O, Mole, I am afraid!
Then the two animals, crouching to the earth, bowed their heads and did worship.
Sven

Postby Guest » March 16th, 2006, 10:20 pm

Thanks for all the suggestions!

-Breka

Return to Questions & Answers