This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

LWW

Re: re: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe

Postby koolness » May 29th, 2006, 3:15 pm

i am doing a report on the lion the wirch and the wardrobe, but 1st i need to kno if the book is alot or a little like the movie. also ineed to kno if c.s. lewis won any awrds or made any speeches. Thank u sooo much!!!!!!!!!!! :??: :undecided:
koolness

re: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe

Postby A#minor » May 29th, 2006, 4:13 pm

Lewis won one award. You can find this in the FAQ section: "The Last Battle won the Carnegie Award, the highest honor for children's literature in the United Kingdom. Also, Winston Churchill offered Lewis a knighthood, but he turned it down."

Lewis made speeches a great deal, since he was a professor and it was his job to lecture.

As for the differences in the book and movie, you can decide that for yourself. Or you can look at the many threads on the subject in the CON forum.
:smile:
"My brain and this world don't fit each other, and there's an end of it!" - G.K. Chesterton
A#minor
Wardrobian

re: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe

Postby Leslie » May 29th, 2006, 4:36 pm

Not only did Lewis lecture to his students, but he was also asked to speak to many groups. For example, during World War II, he gave speeches to the personnel at many Royal Air Force bases.
"What are you laughing at?"
"At myself. My little puny self," said Phillipa.
--Rumer Godden, In This House of Brede
Leslie
Wardrobian

re: LWW

Postby Lady Rebecca » May 29th, 2006, 7:31 pm

"Well, you know how it feels if you begin hoping for something that you want desperately badly; you almost fight against the hope because it is too good to be true; you've been disappointed so often before. But it was no good trying to throttle this hope. It might - really, really, it just might be true. So many odd things had happened already." - from the magician's nephew

Member 2456317 Club
Lady Rebecca
Wardrobian

re: LWW

Postby robsia » May 29th, 2006, 10:12 pm

robsia
Wardrobian

Return to Questions & Answers