This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

please help

please help

Postby guest » 28 Mar 2005, 17:56

I am making a scrapebook of the life of C.S. Lewis for English class. I am supposed to make a birth certificate and I have all of the information except Place of Birth for mother and father,and address of family when child (Lewis) was born. Does anyone know where I could find what I need?

Re: please help

Postby magpie » 28 Mar 2005, 19:17

Lewis give a great deal of this information in Surprised by Joy. I am not sure about the exact address, but other places and his family names are there.
"Love is the will to extend one's self in order to nurture one's own or another's spiritual growth."
M. Scott Peck

Member of the Religious Tolerance Cabal of the Wardrobe
magpie
Wardrobian

Postby Guest » 28 Mar 2005, 19:28

Yes, but I can't get to the Library because I'm grounded. Is there anywhere on the Internet that this information might be?

Postby Karen » 28 Mar 2005, 19:46

Guest wrote:Yes, but I can't get to the Library because I'm grounded. Is there anywhere on the Internet that this information might be?

Grounded from the library? Surely not. As for the internet, try Google.
I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library. -- Jorge Luis Borges
Karen
Wardrobian

Postby Guest » 28 Mar 2005, 20:00

Not grounded specificly from the library, but I can't leave the house except for school and church and I get use the phone. Sucks, huh? I'll try Google. Thanks

Postby Guest » 28 Mar 2005, 20:07

New problem, Google only brought me back here. Does anyone know where Albert and Flora were born by any chance? Or their address in Belfast?

Postby Karen » 28 Mar 2005, 20:24

Guest wrote:Not grounded specificly from the library, but I can't leave the house except for school and church and I get use the phone. Sucks, huh? I'll try Google. Thanks

Wouldn't your parents let you go there (or drive you) if you told them what it was for? Grounding is for preventing you from having fun with your friends, not preventing you from doing your schoolwork!
I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library. -- Jorge Luis Borges
Karen
Wardrobian

Postby Guest » 28 Mar 2005, 20:34

Mom's not home. No, Dad can't drive me either. Grandma's home but she can't drive and mom has the car anyway. My brother only has a permit and again no vehicle. By the time mom gets home the Library is closed.

Postby Sven » 28 Mar 2005, 21:43

guest wrote:I am making a scrapebook of the life of C.S. Lewis for English class. I am supposed to make a birth certificate and I have all of the information except Place of Birth for mother and father,and address of family when child (Lewis) was born. Does anyone know where I could find what I need?

Father, Albert James Lewis, born in Cork, Ireland, 1863.

Mother, Florence Augusta Hamilton Lewis, born in Dundela, an eastern suburb of Belfast, Ireland, in 1862.

C. S. Lewis was born at home, the name and address of which was "Dundela Villas", Dundela, Belfast, Ireland, on November 29, 1898.
Rat! he found breath to whisper, shaking. Are you afraid?
Afraid? murmured the Rat, his eyes shining with unutterable love.
Afraid! Of Him? O, never, never! And yet -- and yet -- O, Mole, I am afraid!
Then the two animals, crouching to the earth, bowed their heads and did worship.
Sven
Wardrobian

Postby carol » 29 Mar 2005, 07:29

Guest, consider yourself extremely fortunate! This sort of info handout is rare. :)
carol
Wardrobian

birth certificate

Postby Phyllis » 17 Feb 2008, 23:02

did you ever finish your birth certificate for class
Phyllis

Re: birth certificate

Postby john » 18 Feb 2008, 01:29

Phyllis wrote:did you ever finish your birth certificate for class

After almost 3 years, I would hope so. :rolleyes:
john (aka DrZeus)
Chief Wardrobian
john
Chief Wardrobian

Postby carol » 18 Feb 2008, 23:39

I think that guest must have been grounded off the internet too, cos they never came back to say thank you.
carol
Wardrobian

Return to Questions & Answers