This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

MereLewis

MereLewis

Postby davidcm » 30 Nov 2006, 19:25

Many years ago, there was a list that you could subscribe to, named MereLewis. For a good while, it was down, and I kind of gave up on it, and finally just lost track of it. Is it back up, again? If so, does anyone here subscribe to it? Thanks very much.
davidcm

Postby john » 30 Nov 2006, 19:31

Hello, David.

MereLewis has been defunct since December, 2003. There are other mailing lists you could try, though. Click on "other resources" on the top menu.
john (aka DrZeus)
Chief Wardrobian
john
Chief Wardrobian

Postby davidcm » 30 Nov 2006, 19:40

Thank you very much. I will take a look at the link you mentioned.

Also, it has been a while since I visited the Wardrobe. I am very glad to be back, again.
davidcm

Postby jo » 01 Dec 2006, 16:16

Just out of interest, why is this post at the top of the list when it's over a year old? *looks puzzled*
"I saw it begin,” said the Lord Digory. “I did not think I would live to see it die"

Wardrobe Wake
jo
Wardrobian

Postby john » 01 Dec 2006, 17:45

jo wrote:Just out of interest, why is this post at the top of the list when it's over a year old? *looks puzzled*

Are you looking at David's join date? That was over a year ago...but the post was made, as it says, Thursday at 7:25pm.
john (aka DrZeus)
Chief Wardrobian
john
Chief Wardrobian

Postby jo » 04 Dec 2006, 08:49

Ah, that would explain it :D
"I saw it begin,” said the Lord Digory. “I did not think I would live to see it die"

Wardrobe Wake
jo
Wardrobian

But what happened?

Postby pb » 02 Jan 2008, 22:47

Hi John,
Do you know why it died? Have you heard from Debbie Walheim since? I tried mailing her a couple of times but never got a reply.
+pb
pb
Wardrobian

Postby john » 03 Jan 2008, 00:52

Not a single clue. Deb just seemed to fall off the face of the earth. I, too, had emailed her several times with no reply. It's possible that her life just got far too busy to moderate the list...but it was no secret that I felt the list never should have been moderated in the first place.
john (aka DrZeus)
Chief Wardrobian
john
Chief Wardrobian

Postby moordarjeeling » 05 Jan 2008, 06:42

john wrote:Not a single clue. Deb just seemed to fall off the face of the earth. I, too, had emailed her several times with no reply. It's possible that her life just got far too busy to moderate the list...but it was no secret that I felt the list never should have been moderated in the first place.

I was active on that list for a while, and I remember Deb often put it on hold for weeks when she was too busy to moderate. Sometimes she had a substitute moderator, but that never worked very well; it always got too contentious.

I'm not surprised at Deb dropping it, but I was very surprised that the contributors didn't form another (or several splinter groups) and carry on. There was so much excellent stuff going on!
moordarjeeling
Wardrobian

Postby Stanley Anderson » 06 Jan 2008, 15:52

moordarjeeling wrote:I was very surprised that the contributors didn't form another (or several splinter groups) and carry on.

I'm under the impression that that is exactly what the Yahoo group SpareOom (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SpareOom/) was meant to do. I haven't had the time to follow them (I don't even have time enough for this site!:-), but in looking at the site quickly just now, it appears they also now have a wikispace (whatever that is -- I haven't looked into it yet)

--Stanley
…on a night of rain Frodo smelled a sweet fragrance on the air and heard the sound of singing that came over the water. And then it seemed to him that as in his dream in the house of Bombadil, the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a fair green country under a swift sunrise.
Stanley Anderson
Wardrobian

Return to Questions & Answers