This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

"Jesus and the Identity of God"

"Jesus and the Identity of God"

Postby JasoninMemphis » October 28th, 2006, 5:03 am

JasoninMemphis
Wardrobian

Postby Karen » October 28th, 2006, 1:00 pm

Jason, there are a few of us who post here who are big fans of NT Wright. That's a great essay; I think he's the most interesting theologian we have today. If you don't already know about it, you can find more of his essays and talks Have you read any of his books?
I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library. -- Jorge Luis Borges
Karen
Wardrobian

Postby JasoninMemphis » October 29th, 2006, 4:05 am

That site is actually where I read the essay. There's lots of good material there, for sure. I haven't read any of his books yet, but I intend to.
JasoninMemphis
Wardrobian

Postby Karen » October 29th, 2006, 12:14 pm

Wright has two, or perhaps three, different types of books. First, those written for the general reader, such as Simply Christian, The Challenge of Jesus, Paul: In Fresh Perspective and the For Everyone series of commentaries. Then there is his ongoing scholarly project, Christian Origins and the Question of God, of which three massive tomes have so far appeared. He's also written some very good devotional works such as Reflecting the Glory. The man's output, and the quality of it, is just amazing, and he combines it with all his pastoral duties and many speaking engagements. I am in awe. :smile:
I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library. -- Jorge Luis Borges
Karen
Wardrobian

Re: "Jesus and the Identity of God"

Postby contra mundum » December 15th, 2006, 6:31 pm

“Doubt no longer, then, when you see death mocked and scorned by those who believe in Christ, that by Christ death was destroyed . . .”

Athanasius
contra mundum
Wardrobian

Postby John Anthony » December 15th, 2006, 8:25 pm

John Anthony
Wardrobian

Return to Religion, Science, and Philosophy