This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

"Remembering You"

Please don't close the door behind you.

"Remembering You"

Postby Pete » November 6th, 2005, 1:13 pm

Hey folks,

Just listening (on the radio) to the song "Remembering You, by Steven Curtis Chapman on the Inspired by The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch & the Wardrobe album and I must say I REALLY love it. Anyway...I was wondering if anyone else on here (a) has heard it, (b) has an opinion on it (after having heard it!) and (c) whether it gives anyone reminders of any parts of the LW&W that you particularly enjoyed or disliked?

Blessings,
Pete
Member of The 2456317 Club

Pete
Wardrobian

Re: "Remembering You"

Postby Lady Rebecca » November 16th, 2005, 3:50 am

"Well, you know how it feels if you begin hoping for something that you want desperately badly; you almost fight against the hope because it is too good to be true; you've been disappointed so often before. But it was no good trying to throttle this hope. It might - really, really, it just might be true. So many odd things had happened already." - from the magician's nephew

Member 2456317 Club
Lady Rebecca
Wardrobian

re: "Remembering You"

Postby Pete » November 17th, 2005, 4:09 am

Hi Lady Rebecca, :cool:

I'm quite taken with the tin whistle bits also! :)

Thanks for sharing that, yeah...I can fully relate to what you're saying. Interesting because I whenever I hear it I can just hear the voice of a child staring up in awe and adoration of their creator, so it's rather interesting you pointing out about the "you's" starting with a capital Y.

Thanks again for sharing that. What do you think of the other songs on the CD also, by the way? I haven't been able to get it yet (as it's not available at the Christian bookshop in Hobart yet...

Blessings,
Pete
Member of The 2456317 Club

Pete
Wardrobian

Postby stardf29 » November 17th, 2005, 6:15 am

stardf29

Postby wood-maid » November 18th, 2005, 2:18 am

"Jill," said Tirian, "you are the bravest and most wood-wise of all my subjects, but also the most malapert and disobedient."
"By the Mane!" he whispered to Eustace. "This girl is a wondrous wood-maid. If she had Dryad's blood in her she could scarce do it better." - The Last Battle
wood-maid
Wardrobian

Postby daileyxplanet » November 19th, 2005, 3:41 am

daileyxplanet

Postby LucysHusband » November 19th, 2005, 6:53 am

~~Weston (Since 1985)
LucysHusband

Re: re: "Remembering You"

Postby Lady Rebecca » November 20th, 2005, 5:42 am

"Well, you know how it feels if you begin hoping for something that you want desperately badly; you almost fight against the hope because it is too good to be true; you've been disappointed so often before. But it was no good trying to throttle this hope. It might - really, really, it just might be true. So many odd things had happened already." - from the magician's nephew

Member 2456317 Club
Lady Rebecca
Wardrobian

Postby wood-maid » November 20th, 2005, 8:17 pm

"Jill," said Tirian, "you are the bravest and most wood-wise of all my subjects, but also the most malapert and disobedient."
"By the Mane!" he whispered to Eustace. "This girl is a wondrous wood-maid. If she had Dryad's blood in her she could scarce do it better." - The Last Battle
wood-maid
Wardrobian

Postby Isabel » November 24th, 2005, 5:25 am

I really liked it!!! It's sweet and, somehow, do takes you a little close to Narnia. Not very close, but it is something! And it made me smile also...
This is one of the best songs of the "inspired by" album... Because Turkish Delight is not that good. At least, not to me...
Member of the 2456317 Club
Isabel
Wardrobian

Postby LucysHusband » November 28th, 2005, 1:33 am

~~Weston (Since 1985)
LucysHusband

Postby j_m_richards » November 29th, 2005, 3:07 am

Remembering You makes me tear up nearly every time I hear it. I love it--but I'm *very* partial to the celtic sound in it. My other fave song is "Turkish Delight" by Crowder. it is so fun and catchy and fun...also, it's really unique that he chose to do a song from Edmund's perspective on that subject.

:/ I was REALLY disappointed with much of the CD because I was expecting it to be more about NARNIA and LWW...and instead it's just the typical kinds of stuff we have come to expect from most of these artist, things that would not be out of place on their own albums. Songs that someone who had no idea what Narnia was wouldn't be confused by--especially songs like "Stronger" by Delirious and "Hero" by Bethany Dillion that make no real refrence to the story. They're all decent songs, but I wish they had risen to the occasion and really tried to break out. We know they can write songs about God. I wanted to hear them write more about the story, not just their interpretaton of the story.

That's why I like the SCC and DCB songs best.
But the "New World" song by Tobymac...I am not a big fan of his, and the first couple times I heard it, I was like "what the heck? Why is he screaming Narnia?" But it has really grown on me. I played a few songs for my K-2nd grade bible class because I read them LWW, and "New World" was their fave by a longshot. I can never hear it now without picturing them playing air guitar to it. :grin:
j_m_richards

Postby NarniaLover89 » January 3rd, 2006, 5:05 am

Christ beside me, Christ before me, Christ behind me, Christ within me, Christ beneath me, Christ above me.-Saint Patrick Of Ierland

old user name Ian
NarniaLover89
Wardrobian

Return to The Chronicles of Narnia