This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

American Changes

Please don't close the door behind you.

re: American Changes

Postby Solomons Song » January 3rd, 2006, 8:16 pm

Member of the "2453617 Club"
Solomons Song
Wardrobian

Postby Paul F. Ford » January 3rd, 2006, 10:06 pm

Paul Ford—self-appointed president of the "245-3617 Club" and proud member of the "245-6317 Club"; author of the Companion to Narnia and the Pocket Companion to Narnia.
Paul F. Ford
Wardrobian

Postby King Peter » January 4th, 2006, 12:32 am

"But if the Witch could have looked a little further back, into the stillness and the darkness before Time dawned, she would have read there a different incantation. She would have known that when a willing victim who has committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards." - The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe
King Peter
Wardrobian

Postby JennaDean » January 4th, 2006, 10:07 am

Proud Member of the 2456317 club
JennaDean
Wardrobian

Postby Mornamoice » January 4th, 2006, 10:30 am

I've seen the American set available on E-bay, but you have to be willing to bid high. I bid what we could afford on several sets and each time was outbid fairly quickly.

I did manage to find my American version of The Voyage of the Dawn Treader. Probably in 1988, I purchased the whole set in hardback after my original paperback set had pretty much disintegrated from frequent readings. I lost LWW when I lent it to a neighbour girl after I got married, and she apparently misplaced it. Whatever she did to it, I never got it back. She paid for it by raking and bagging leaves for us. I know that I have the other six books, but the only one I can find at the moment is VDT. The others are probably in one of the boxes of books that we have not yet unpacked after our move to this house over a year ago... we have nowhere to put any more books at the moment, so the boxes have remained stacked in the garage.
Thank you for the pix, A# Minor!
Mornamoice
Wardrobian

Postby Sven » January 4th, 2006, 9:29 pm

Mornamoice, if you don't mind buying them individually, ABE has the Collier paperbacks for a $1 apiece. Take a look .
Rat! he found breath to whisper, shaking. Are you afraid?
Afraid? murmured the Rat, his eyes shining with unutterable love.
Afraid! Of Him? O, never, never! And yet -- and yet -- O, Mole, I am afraid!
Then the two animals, crouching to the earth, bowed their heads and did worship.
Sven

Previous

Return to The Chronicles of Narnia