This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

After the first reading...

Please don't close the door behind you.

After the first reading...

Postby sstanek14 » September 13th, 2005, 3:54 am

Just because you don't believe does not make it any less true.
sstanek14
Wardrobian

Postby The Bigsleep J » September 13th, 2005, 5:17 am

Hmmm. Your experience to reading the Chronicles are similar to my own, mainly because we've both read them as adults and not as children. I would have really enjoyed reading them as a child. :)
Insert supposedly witty but random absurd comment here and add water
The Bigsleep J
Wardrobian

Postby carol » September 13th, 2005, 6:13 am

Thank you so much for sharing your first impressions! :) :read:
carol
Wardrobian

Re: After the first reading...

Postby A#minor » September 13th, 2005, 2:04 pm

"My brain and this world don't fit each other, and there's an end of it!" - G.K. Chesterton
A#minor
Wardrobian

Postby carol » September 13th, 2005, 7:27 pm

carol
Wardrobian

re: After the first reading...

Postby Lirenel » January 9th, 2006, 3:52 am

I agree, the CoN definately helped me understand my faith deeper. Just today at church when the pastor was talking about doubt and how it can destroy our faith my mind went instantly to Susan and how her doubt led her away from belief in Aslan. The connection helped me understand the sermon even better, and gave me a good deal to think about.
The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life, of whom shall I be afraid? - Psalm 27:1

Member of the 2456317 Club
Lirenel
Wardrobian

Postby NarniaLover89 » January 9th, 2006, 3:58 am

I also feel the same way every year when I read the Narnia books. I see something new that I did see before everytime I enter the world of Narni!...
Christ beside me, Christ before me, Christ behind me, Christ within me, Christ beneath me, Christ above me.-Saint Patrick Of Ierland

old user name Ian
NarniaLover89
Wardrobian

Postby Mornamoice » January 9th, 2006, 4:20 am

I read LWW to my oldest daughter when she was 3, and a couple years later to my son, also 3 at the time. Both picked up on the allusions to Christ quite easily, even though at that age we had not emphasised the crucifixion story heavily with them. When I read him the chapter about the White Witch killing Aslan, then went directly into the chapter on his resurrection, Daniel looked up at me and, with awe in his voice, said, "Mama, that's just like Jesus!" If they have already been taught about Christ, kids get the meaning.
Thank you for the pix, A# Minor!
Mornamoice
Wardrobian

Return to The Chronicles of Narnia