This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Prince Caspian: The Movie

Please don't close the door behind you.

re: Prince Caspian: The Movie

Postby Áthas » February 5th, 2006, 6:32 pm

Wow, this is the first time i heard that there was even as much an idea of a second movie - how exciting, i can't wait! Though, i wish it wouldn't take that much time.
Áthas
Wardrobian

Re: re: Prince Caspian: The Movie

Postby Messenger_of_Eden » February 5th, 2006, 11:10 pm

"If you believe what you like in the Gospel, and reject what you don't like, it is not the Gospel you believe, but yourself."--St. Augustine of Hippo
Messenger_of_Eden
Wardrobian

Postby Pete » February 6th, 2006, 1:04 am

That castle's nice and all, and the scenery looks great. My only issues with that is that firstly it looks very different from the castle in LW&W (the movie) - made out of different bricks. And is that on an island close very close to the mainland (as well as close to the coast)?

Just thinking - regardless of whether they do any other filming of Narnia in NZ, maybe they'll use the same castle they used for LW&W. At least, it appeared to me that they made it for the movie? Maybe they could make it look old and broken down for PC?

Ohhh...that'll be so interesting to find out. Does anyone know, by the way, is the castle they used in LW&W one made just for the movie (like how they made the towers & cities and all for LotR)?
Member of The 2456317 Club

Pete
Wardrobian

Postby Gill » February 6th, 2006, 3:18 am

Gill
Wardrobian

Postby Pete » February 6th, 2006, 1:34 pm

But as I pointed out in the previous post, Gill, Cair Paravel is described as being on an island in PC, is the castle you gave the website for on an island near the mainland? :/

Pete
Wardrobian

Postby Monica » February 6th, 2006, 1:45 pm

Monica
Wardrobian

Postby Messenger_of_Eden » February 6th, 2006, 2:53 pm

"If you believe what you like in the Gospel, and reject what you don't like, it is not the Gospel you believe, but yourself."--St. Augustine of Hippo
Messenger_of_Eden
Wardrobian

Postby Gill » February 6th, 2006, 5:32 pm

Gill
Wardrobian

Postby Gill » February 6th, 2006, 5:47 pm

Gill
Wardrobian

Postby carol » February 6th, 2006, 6:28 pm

The castle - I thought it was merely a picture, and not an actual setting. There were sections of it used for the Coronation scene and the little bits with Lucy and Tumnus, afterwards. But they were sets.
carol
Wardrobian

Postby wood-maid » February 6th, 2006, 8:15 pm

"Jill," said Tirian, "you are the bravest and most wood-wise of all my subjects, but also the most malapert and disobedient."
"By the Mane!" he whispered to Eustace. "This girl is a wondrous wood-maid. If she had Dryad's blood in her she could scarce do it better." - The Last Battle
wood-maid
Wardrobian

Postby Pete » February 7th, 2006, 3:19 am

Pete
Wardrobian

Postby King Edmund » February 7th, 2006, 9:32 pm

Looking back at the film of Cair Paravel, Dunluce castle is at least two times smaller and Cair Paravel looks like it sets on an island or penninsula that is like a large hill or small mountain. The buildings seem to start close to the bottom of the hill and work its way to the top. Dunluce castle is more on level ground overlooking a cliff to the sea and it has a different stone makeup.
Without my friends or cousins, I don't make sense. Life would be somewhere not worth my time.

King Edmund
Wardrobian

Postby carol » February 8th, 2006, 8:19 am

carol
Wardrobian

Postby Messenger_of_Eden » February 8th, 2006, 6:13 pm

I don't remember seeing more than a glimpse of Cair Paravel in the movie, but I suppose they should make a "ruins" model that matches what that one would turn into.
Messenger_of_Eden
Wardrobian

Previous

Return to The Chronicles of Narnia