This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Another thought on the Susan Question

Please don't close the door behind you.

re: Another thought on the Susan Question

Postby Pete » January 31st, 2006, 3:07 pm

Member of The 2456317 Club

Pete
Wardrobian

Postby cockleburr » February 11th, 2006, 9:58 pm

A haunting, but beautiful poem. Several tales have been told to try and resolve the Susan problem, but one of the most beautiful I have ever read is the one in the site below. It always brings me to tears everytime I read it:

http://www.livejournal.com/users/honorh/226358.html

By the Mane,
Cockleburr
cockleburr

Postby Pete » February 13th, 2006, 4:44 am

Wow!! That brought me close to tears! :cry:

Something draws and touches my heart about the Susan topic, and I'm always interested in fan fiction about her. I think the reason that is is because I've discovered that in a lot of ways her faith story has been similar to my. Except for the fact that for me, I never disowned my faith, it just became distant and less important to me, than it should have been. In December, however, I rediscovered the unfathomable love Christ has for me as Aslan does for Susan.

Pete
Wardrobian

Postby King Edmund » February 13th, 2006, 10:37 pm

Without my friends or cousins, I don't make sense. Life would be somewhere not worth my time.

King Edmund
Wardrobian

Postby Pete » February 14th, 2006, 2:02 am

Regardless of whether he would have written (;)) about Susan's life (after the train wreck) that way, he certainly left the possibility open...

I think Max Lucado has the right idea about this when he writes in He Still Moves Stones about a picture gallery and he talks about your canvas being empty. The whole "what's your story?" thing. I think similarly that's why Lewis left Susan's unfinished. :idea:

Pete
Wardrobian

Postby King Edmund » February 14th, 2006, 9:08 pm

Without my friends or cousins, I don't make sense. Life would be somewhere not worth my time.

King Edmund
Wardrobian

Postby Sarah N. » February 15th, 2006, 2:10 am

The poem and the story are both beautiful. The story brought me close to tears, and the poem was haunting. Thank you.
Live in the world as if only God and your soul were in it; then your heart will never be made captive by any earthly thing. ~ St. John of the Cross

Member of the 2456317 Club.
Sarah N.
Wardrobian

Previous

Return to The Chronicles of Narnia