This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Confusing Paragraph in The Last Battle

Please don't close the door behind you.

Confusing Paragraph in The Last Battle

Postby Lirenel » February 20th, 2006, 8:44 pm

The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life, of whom shall I be afraid? - Psalm 27:1

Member of the 2456317 Club
Lirenel
Wardrobian

re: Confusing Paragraph in The Last Battle

Postby Messenger_of_Eden » February 20th, 2006, 11:53 pm

"If you believe what you like in the Gospel, and reject what you don't like, it is not the Gospel you believe, but yourself."--St. Augustine of Hippo
Messenger_of_Eden
Wardrobian

Postby wood-maid » February 21st, 2006, 2:29 am

"Jill," said Tirian, "you are the bravest and most wood-wise of all my subjects, but also the most malapert and disobedient."
"By the Mane!" he whispered to Eustace. "This girl is a wondrous wood-maid. If she had Dryad's blood in her she could scarce do it better." - The Last Battle
wood-maid
Wardrobian

Postby Lirenel » February 21st, 2006, 6:56 pm

Thank you so much! The copy I have with me was from the Second printing 1962. I think my other copy is around that same time. That just bugged me so much since I knew it was talking about the Professor, but it didn't mention him! :angry:

So thank you!
The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life, of whom shall I be afraid? - Psalm 27:1

Lirenel
Wardrobian

Postby jo » February 28th, 2006, 4:51 pm

"I saw it begin,” said the Lord Digory. “I did not think I would live to see it die"

jo
Wardrobian

Re: re: Confusing Paragraph in The Last Battle

Postby Lirenel » February 28th, 2006, 7:18 pm

Lirenel
Wardrobian

Postby The Pfifltrigg » March 2nd, 2006, 9:11 am

You mean hookah pipe? A hookah is what the Caterpiller in Alice in Wonderland smoked: a hooker is something else entirely! :shocked: :lol:
False ideas may be refuted indeed by argument, but by true ideas alone are they expelled. — Apologia Pro Vita Sua: Cardinal Newman
Freedom lost and then regained bites with deeper fangs than freedom never in danger. — Cicero
You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them. — Ray Bradbury
The Pfifltrigg
Wardrobian

Postby jo » March 19th, 2006, 2:06 pm

"I saw it begin,” said the Lord Digory. “I did not think I would live to see it die"

jo
Wardrobian

Postby carol » March 19th, 2006, 7:13 pm

carol
Wardrobian

Postby King Peter » April 22nd, 2006, 9:44 pm

"But if the Witch could have looked a little further back, into the stillness and the darkness before Time dawned, she would have read there a different incantation. She would have known that when a willing victim who has committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards." - The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe
King Peter
Wardrobian

Re: re: Confusing Paragraph in The Last Battle

Postby Lirenel » April 22nd, 2006, 11:48 pm

Lirenel
Wardrobian

Return to The Chronicles of Narnia