This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Faun's and Centaur's ears

Please don't close the door behind you.

Re: re: Faun's and Centaur's ears

Postby robsia » November 27th, 2005, 9:48 pm

robsia
Wardrobian

re: Faun's and Centaur's ears

Postby A#minor » November 27th, 2005, 9:56 pm

No, I'm completely serious. I mean, I'm trying to be nice about it, but I am serious.
Don't hate me because I don't like nude art. :cry: (Don't hate me b/c I'm beautiful....)

"My brain and this world don't fit each other, and there's an end of it!" - G.K. Chesterton
A#minor
Wardrobian

Postby kaleidoscopeyes » December 1st, 2005, 3:51 am

kaleidoscopeyes

Postby carol » December 2nd, 2005, 10:31 am

I think the only problem is that some people really don't like nudity in art, so if you are going to post a link it is helpful to mention this - then they won't be upset. Personally I prefer to be told ahead of time, so I can be ready instead of get shocked.
carol
Wardrobian

Postby kaleidoscopeyes » December 5th, 2005, 6:54 am

kaleidoscopeyes

Postby Messenger_of_Eden » December 18th, 2005, 1:52 am

I do agree that a note would have been nice to alert sensitive readers to the nature of the picture. I love art museums and NEVER get to go to any except the Hermitage when I am in Russia, but you expect to see it there, one might not expect to see it in a forum about Narnia...

But Ahem, regarding the ears, having now seen the movie (which I loved, adored, was delighted with, and am seeing again tomorrow :grin: ) BUT my one complaint about the movie (besides that it is too short and they should have included more of the original dialogue) is that SOME of the effects were a little lacking--some movements not quite right--and the ears of the Centaurs and Fauns were kind of silly. If they had made them flick and move as a real creature's would in the course of its interaction with the environment, they would have looked far better. But they just hang on the actors' heads like felt cut-outs...sigh...I do admit that could easily have been done better.
"If you believe what you like in the Gospel, and reject what you don't like, it is not the Gospel you believe, but yourself."--St. Augustine of Hippo
Messenger_of_Eden
Wardrobian

Postby PattyM » December 31st, 2005, 4:11 am

It is what I have done with where I have been that should be of interest. - Georgia O'Keefe
PattyM

Postby King Edmund » December 31st, 2005, 6:04 am

I kind of like the ears in the movie. If they would have used pointed ears my first thought is it would be quarter Vulcan from a Star Trek Movie.
Without my friends or cousins, I don't make sense. Life would be somewhere not worth my time.

Member of The 2456317 Club
King Edmund
Wardrobian

Postby Messenger_of_Eden » December 31st, 2005, 7:35 am

"If you believe what you like in the Gospel, and reject what you don't like, it is not the Gospel you believe, but yourself."--St. Augustine of Hippo
Messenger_of_Eden
Wardrobian

Re: re: Faun's and Centaur's ears

Postby *~Diamond in the Rough~* » January 1st, 2006, 9:43 pm

Today I went to IKEA and hid in the wardrobes, and every time someone opened the doors I welcomed them to Narnia!!
*~Diamond in the Rough~*
Wardrobian

Location: The corner of 'No and where' (WA) The REAL Washington

Postby Messenger_of_Eden » January 2nd, 2006, 7:58 am

I too agree DI

Ho'the'
Messenger_of_Eden
Wardrobian

Previous

Return to The Chronicles of Narnia