This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Happy Meals

Please don't close the door behind you.

re: Happy Meals

Postby carol » January 5th, 2006, 8:21 pm

carol
Wardrobian

Postby King Edmund » January 5th, 2006, 8:22 pm

Without my friends or cousins, I don't make sense. Life would be somewhere not worth my time.

Member of The 2456317 Club
King Edmund
Wardrobian

Postby carol » January 5th, 2006, 8:28 pm

carol
Wardrobian

Postby King Edmund » January 5th, 2006, 8:48 pm

Without my friends or cousins, I don't make sense. Life would be somewhere not worth my time.

Member of The 2456317 Club
King Edmund
Wardrobian

Re: re: Happy Meals

Postby Solomons Song » January 5th, 2006, 9:38 pm

Member of the "2453617 Club"
Solomons Song
Wardrobian

Postby carol » January 6th, 2006, 1:26 am

carol
Wardrobian

Postby Messenger_of_Eden » January 6th, 2006, 2:19 am

"If you believe what you like in the Gospel, and reject what you don't like, it is not the Gospel you believe, but yourself."--St. Augustine of Hippo
Messenger_of_Eden
Wardrobian

Postby nomad » January 6th, 2006, 2:41 am

member of the 2456317 club
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best -- " and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called.
nomad
Wardrobian

Postby Karen » January 6th, 2006, 6:29 pm

an article from Christianity Today which discusses the commercialization of Narnia (as well as Calvin and Hobbes :)).
I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library. -- Jorge Luis Borges
Karen
Wardrobian

Postby Stanley Anderson » January 6th, 2006, 7:10 pm

…on a night of rain Frodo smelled a sweet fragrance on the air and heard the sound of singing that came over the water. And then it seemed to him that as in his dream in the house of Bombadil, the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a fair green country under a swift sunrise.
Stanley Anderson
Wardrobian

Postby sehoy » January 6th, 2006, 8:37 pm

Narnia in a Happy Meal.

That was a shocker, I'll tell you, when my kids brought that one home the other day. I am not thinking happy thoughts right now about how Mr. C.S. Lewis must be spinning in his grave.

On the otherhand:

I do like McD's cheeseburgers. Oh, yes I do. Mr. C, my first son, is made up, almost entirely, of McD Cheeseburgers from unexplained pregnancy cheeseburger cravings and an available drive-through window.
cor meum vigilat
sehoy

Postby Lady Rebecca » January 6th, 2006, 10:25 pm

"Well, you know how it feels if you begin hoping for something that you want desperately badly; you almost fight against the hope because it is too good to be true; you've been disappointed so often before. But it was no good trying to throttle this hope. It might - really, really, it just might be true. So many odd things had happened already." - from the magician's nephew

Member 2456317 Club
Lady Rebecca
Wardrobian

Postby Lady Rebecca » January 6th, 2006, 10:33 pm

It was actually fun to order a happy meal....haven't had one in years and years. :) Most of the other sets I bought by themselves, or a friend bought for me in the same way. You don't have to buy a happy meal to get the prize. They charged about $2 for each - kind of spendy for a little toy.... buy it's worth it for the beautiful dioramas! They're the real prize! (There! I said it again! :P :lol: )
"Well, you know how it feels if you begin hoping for something that you want desperately badly; you almost fight against the hope because it is too good to be true; you've been disappointed so often before. But it was no good trying to throttle this hope. It might - really, really, it just might be true. So many odd things had happened already." - from the magician's nephew

Member 2456317 Club
Lady Rebecca
Wardrobian

Postby *~Diamond in the Rough~* » January 8th, 2006, 4:13 am

Today I went to IKEA and hid in the wardrobes, and every time someone opened the doors I welcomed them to Narnia!!
*~Diamond in the Rough~*
Wardrobian

Location: The corner of 'No and where' (WA) The REAL Washington

Postby Adam Linton » January 8th, 2006, 4:29 am

we have not loosely through silence permitted things to pass away as in a dream
Adam Linton
Wardrobian

PreviousNext

Return to The Chronicles of Narnia