This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Tilda Talks

Please don't close the door behind you.

re: Tilda Talks

Postby David » May 14th, 2006, 11:37 pm

The way, the weather, the terrain, the discipline, the leadership. --Sun Tzu
David
Wardrobian

Postby carol » May 15th, 2006, 12:56 am

Ah, that? David, you've been here a year now. Don't you know that to be a Wardrobian is to go off on tangents?
This thread got off on more than one different tangents, actually.
carol
Wardrobian

Re: re: Tilda Talks

Postby Theo » May 15th, 2006, 5:55 am

Member of the Religious Tolerance Cabal of the Wardrobe

“First they came for Abdul Rahman and I spoke out because I was a Muslim. Then they came for the Palestinians and I raised hell because I was a Jew. Then they came for the Iraqis and I protested because I was an American. Then they came for the Muslims and I spoke out because I was a Christian, Then they came for the poor and I spoke out because I was rich. By the time they came for me, I had all the support a man could ask for.”
Theo
Wardrobian

Postby David » May 15th, 2006, 12:04 pm

Yes. So maybe we can combine? What if Tilda were President? She can't be, of course, because she isn't a US citizen.

More on topic, did anyone out there actually see Orlando? If not, I recommend it. It's based on a fantasy novel by Virginia Woolf. Tilda had the lead in this film.

The main character is a woman who lives for 400 years. This, of course, is a fantasy/allegory about the place of women in Western society. At first Orlando is a man--in Shakespeare's day. The idea here is that there was simply no place for women in that society. At the end of the 1600s, Orland turns into a woman. She lives through the Augustinian Age, the Romantic and Victorian Era, and at last we see her flying away in an airplane in the early Twentieth Century.

I thought the woman who played Orlando had a very interesting face and voice. That was Ms. Swinton.
David
Wardrobian

Postby David » May 15th, 2006, 12:28 pm

And, by the way, since we do digress, here's one. I mentioned Trilliums. Are these only native to North America, or do they grow everywhere? They are a white wildflower that grow in shaded spots, in woods, and have three petals. Usually they are white, though there are red and pink ones. Here are a couple of pictures:

Trilliums are the floral symbol for Ontario Province and they abound in Michigan.

So that's my digression.
David
Wardrobian

Postby Pete » May 15th, 2006, 3:03 pm

Member of The 2456317 Club

Pete
Wardrobian

Postby David » May 15th, 2006, 7:28 pm

David
Wardrobian

Re: re: Tilda Talks

Postby Theo » May 15th, 2006, 7:33 pm

Member of the Religious Tolerance Cabal of the Wardrobe

“First they came for Abdul Rahman and I spoke out because I was a Muslim. Then they came for the Palestinians and I raised hell because I was a Jew. Then they came for the Iraqis and I protested because I was an American. Then they came for the Muslims and I spoke out because I was a Christian, Then they came for the poor and I spoke out because I was rich. By the time they came for me, I had all the support a man could ask for.”
Theo
Wardrobian

Previous

Return to The Chronicles of Narnia