This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Happy Meals

Please don't close the door behind you.

Happy Meals

Postby nomad » January 5th, 2006, 2:33 am

member of the 2456317 club
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best -- " and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called.
nomad
Wardrobian

re: Happy Meals

Postby NarniaLover89 » January 5th, 2006, 3:11 am

Christ beside me, Christ before me, Christ behind me, Christ within me, Christ beneath me, Christ above me.-Saint Patrick Of Ierland

old user name Ian
NarniaLover89
Wardrobian

Postby Lady Rebecca » January 5th, 2006, 3:43 am

"Well, you know how it feels if you begin hoping for something that you want desperately badly; you almost fight against the hope because it is too good to be true; you've been disappointed so often before. But it was no good trying to throttle this hope. It might - really, really, it just might be true. So many odd things had happened already." - from the magician's nephew

Member 2456317 Club
Lady Rebecca
Wardrobian

Postby Lady Rebecca » January 5th, 2006, 3:47 am

The real prize is the background dioramas! It's like being able to pause the movie and just explore the locations! :)
"Well, you know how it feels if you begin hoping for something that you want desperately badly; you almost fight against the hope because it is too good to be true; you've been disappointed so often before. But it was no good trying to throttle this hope. It might - really, really, it just might be true. So many odd things had happened already." - from the magician's nephew

Member 2456317 Club
Lady Rebecca
Wardrobian

Postby NarniaLover89 » January 5th, 2006, 4:15 am

Christ beside me, Christ before me, Christ behind me, Christ within me, Christ beneath me, Christ above me.-Saint Patrick Of Ierland

old user name Ian
NarniaLover89
Wardrobian

Postby Sunshine » January 5th, 2006, 4:17 am

Sunshine

Postby carol » January 5th, 2006, 10:09 am

I managed to buy all eight in only three visits. I am a bit annoyed that they say you get a "book" with it....as I think a book has pages and writing!
They are quite nicely done, though. All the figurines are acceptable, the dioramas show some intelligent creativity, and my lounge has them in every conceivable space, shelf etc.

You can see some photos of them on . This link takes you to the page they are on, and you will have to click for the next page for the rest.
carol
Wardrobian

Postby Solomons Song » January 5th, 2006, 3:31 pm

My wife gets Happy Meals all the time, which is fine with me (I get the toys). I have the Mr. Tumnus whistle. The protrusion from his back struck me as very odd until I figured out what it was. I though perhaps it was the wind blowing his scarf or something.
Member of the "2453617 Club"
Solomons Song
Wardrobian

Re: re: Happy Meals

Postby Karen » January 5th, 2006, 5:05 pm

This is very nice, but at what cost to your cholesterol levels? :shocked:
I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library. -- Jorge Luis Borges
Karen
Wardrobian

Postby Bill » January 5th, 2006, 5:23 pm

Time is the fire in which we burn!

Bill
Wardrobian

Postby john » January 5th, 2006, 5:28 pm

Indeed. McDonalds? MCDONALDS?!

Have you seen the commercials for their Narnia Happy Meal? Egads. Now, I've been rather tolerant about the media attention, the toys, the co-marketing (Narnia logos on Frito Lays, etc)...I haven't even mentioned the Narnia branded toothpaste I've seen here.

But a Narnia McDonalds Happy Meal is the epitome of American glut, corporate nonsense, and the race for the all-important dollar. You can have it all, 'cuz I don't want it.

That said...I still hold you all in the highest regard. :)
john
Chief Wardrobian
john
Chief Wardrobian

Postby Stanley Anderson » January 5th, 2006, 7:00 pm

…on a night of rain Frodo smelled a sweet fragrance on the air and heard the sound of singing that came over the water. And then it seemed to him that as in his dream in the house of Bombadil, the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a fair green country under a swift sunrise.
Stanley Anderson
Wardrobian

Postby wood-maid » January 5th, 2006, 7:57 pm

"Jill," said Tirian, "you are the bravest and most wood-wise of all my subjects, but also the most malapert and disobedient."
"By the Mane!" he whispered to Eustace. "This girl is a wondrous wood-maid. If she had Dryad's blood in her she could scarce do it better." - The Last Battle
wood-maid
Wardrobian

Postby nomad » January 5th, 2006, 8:07 pm

member of the 2456317 club
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best -- " and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called.
nomad
Wardrobian

Postby King Edmund » January 5th, 2006, 8:21 pm

Without my friends or cousins, I don't make sense. Life would be somewhere not worth my time.

Member of The 2456317 Club
King Edmund
Wardrobian

Next

Return to The Chronicles of Narnia