This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Inside Narnia by Devin Brown

Please don't close the door behind you.

Inside Narnia by Devin Brown

Postby Ahoshta » January 12th, 2006, 6:14 am

Has anyone read this? I loved it! The entire book reads like a running commentary to The Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe and is filled with so many fascinating tidbits and insights into the structure of the novel. I've read a criticism that it analyzes the book to death, but I quite liked it as I have an analytical mind.

I would love for the author to write 6 more books, to devote each of them to the others in the Chronicles, though bearing in mind how long it must have taken him to research for this one, it would take a while!
Ahoshta

re: Inside Narnia by Devin Brown

Postby Theo » January 14th, 2006, 11:57 am

Never heard of it, but it sounds interesting.
Theo
Wardrobian

Postby CKinna » January 18th, 2006, 5:42 pm

Yes, I picked it up last weekend at a CS Conference in DC. I wish I had found it earlier as I will be using this volume for a LWW book study I am helping with. :read:
What does not satisfy when we find it, was not the thing we were desiring. - Brother Jack
CKinna
Wardrobian

Postby CKinna » February 3rd, 2006, 2:21 pm

What does not satisfy when we find it, was not the thing we were desiring. - Brother Jack
CKinna
Wardrobian

Return to The Chronicles of Narnia