This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

The Last Battle

Please don't close the door behind you.

The Last Battle

Postby Tisroc » April 2nd, 2006, 11:40 am

I just finished the last battle. It really made me feel strange like it shouldn't of finished there. The way lewis said this was thier real adventure. I want to know about that as well. The chronicles were amazing some of favorite books now. But i can't help feeling saddened knowing that there never will be another one. The Farther up and Farther in really amde me feel excited, the book comeing to one amazing climax. But it never came. I am not dissapointed, the ending made me feel happy in a strange way. The way all the worlds come together. And the fact they can now all stay in the real narnia. And somehow I wished i could stay in the real narnia too...
:read:
Tisroc

Re: The Last Battle

Postby Sven » April 2nd, 2006, 11:46 am

Rat! he found breath to whisper, shaking. Are you afraid?
Afraid? murmured the Rat, his eyes shining with unutterable love.
Afraid! Of Him? O, never, never! And yet -- and yet -- O, Mole, I am afraid!
Then the two animals, crouching to the earth, bowed their heads and did worship.
Sven

re: The Last Battle

Postby Tisroc » April 2nd, 2006, 11:57 am

Tisroc

Postby Sven » April 2nd, 2006, 12:01 pm

You will participate in the real adventure, and you will stay in the Real Earth, which, as Lewis says in TLB, is with the Real Narnia.
Rat! he found breath to whisper, shaking. Are you afraid?
Afraid? murmured the Rat, his eyes shining with unutterable love.
Afraid! Of Him? O, never, never! And yet -- and yet -- O, Mole, I am afraid!
Then the two animals, crouching to the earth, bowed their heads and did worship.
Sven

Postby Tisroc » April 2nd, 2006, 12:04 pm

Fantasic. I will enjoy that. :pleased:
Tisroc

Postby cbs30954 » April 4th, 2006, 2:56 am

Yeah, Tisroc, LB always makes me feel the same way. I interpret that as the feeling that I can't wait to get to Heaven, where my real life will start, as if this were just practice.
cbs30954
Wardrobian

Postby jo » April 17th, 2006, 1:07 pm

"I saw it begin,” said the Lord Digory. “I did not think I would live to see it die"

jo
Wardrobian

Postby Theo » April 17th, 2006, 1:36 pm

Member of the Religious Tolerance Cabal of the Wardrobe

“First they came for Abdul Rahman and I spoke out because I was a Muslim. Then they came for the Palestinians and I raised hell because I was a Jew. Then they came for the Iraqis and I protested because I was an American. Then they came for the Muslims and I spoke out because I was a Christian, Then they came for the poor and I spoke out because I was rich. By the time they came for me, I had all the support a man could ask for.”
Theo
Wardrobian

Postby jo » April 17th, 2006, 1:59 pm

"I saw it begin,” said the Lord Digory. “I did not think I would live to see it die"

jo
Wardrobian

Postby Erekose » April 17th, 2006, 3:15 pm

By definition there can't be stories about Narnia set after the Last Battle.

Theoretically there could have been stories about Narnia set between the times of the books (or even spanning events of the books)

/me the Heretic stirs in sleep, but resumes his dreams

There could be stories concerning worlds visited after Narnia, by Susan for example

/me the Heretic stirs in slumber again

There could also be pre-Narnia stories concerning Charn, its origins, and destruction for example.

/me the Heretic stirs as he dreams.

But then the latter 2 wouldn't really be Narni stories but would probably make CoN essentially the second volume of a 3 volume series.. No wait.. first volume, publication order holds true :idea: :grin:
Call yourself a dog???? I've seen better hair on a lavatory brush!!!
Erekose
Wardrobian

Postby Theo » April 17th, 2006, 3:16 pm

I'm afraid you'll have to judge for yourself. They're , along with a ton of other stuff.

Apparently there was four of them published in the late 80's: Return to Deathwater, The Sorceress and the Book of Spells, Leap of the Lion and The Lost Crowns of Cair Paravel. I've played through Deathwater and halfway through Sorceress - IIRC they were not too bad, although of course not as good as the books. :)
Member of the Religious Tolerance Cabal of the Wardrobe

“First they came for Abdul Rahman and I spoke out because I was a Muslim. Then they came for the Palestinians and I raised hell because I was a Jew. Then they came for the Iraqis and I protested because I was an American. Then they came for the Muslims and I spoke out because I was a Christian, Then they came for the poor and I spoke out because I was rich. By the time they came for me, I had all the support a man could ask for.”
Theo
Wardrobian

Postby jo » April 18th, 2006, 11:59 am

jo
Wardrobian

Re: re: The Last Battle

Postby Prince Caspian » April 20th, 2006, 4:29 am

Oh empty my heart.... I've got to make room for this feeling.... This feeling is bigger than me!:D
Prince Caspian
Wardrobian

Postby carol » April 20th, 2006, 11:44 am

There's been a lot of discussion about what would happen to Susan in later life. Many people think that she was "written off", but of course she had the rest of her life to sort out her attitudes and her faith, and re-establish her relationship with Aslan/Jesus.

Lewis was quite realistic about her - she is typical of many young people who find something else more appealing than their faith. But he does not want us to despair of them, as they still have time to change again.

(I don't know if you like poetry, but I wrote one about Susan, interwoven into my own family's real history, which is on the creative writing section here).

(The thread starts with two other poems, so please scroll down.)
carol
Wardrobian

Postby jo » April 20th, 2006, 3:55 pm

jo
Wardrobian

Next

Return to The Chronicles of Narnia